Welcome to Year 6
We Are 6CWC
Things to remember...
- We have PE on Wednesday and Friday mornings so make sure you come into school in PE kit on those days! Don't forget that you will need your uniform to change into.
- Homework will be set every Friday to be returned no later than Wednesday. It will be based on work we have done in class. Anyone who does not bring their homework in, will be asked to complete in at playtimes.
- Snack is £1 per week. Every child can access fruit at any time.
What children can access at home...
- Every child has both a Times Tables Rockstars and Prodigy account to aid them in their maths learning. These sites have a wide variety of fun games that will boost their skills and track their progress.
- We also use Read Theory, First News and Spelling Shed. This works on their reading comprehension and spelling and lets the teacher know how they are doing
- Read Theory is an app that adjusts itself to the correct level to aid your child in their reading and critical evaluation and knowledge retrieval from texts. Spelling Shed will test them and help them learn key spellings for our topic or the words they are expected to know by the end of Year 6.
- Additionally, please read with your child at least twice a week but encourage them to read every night and try to discuss what has happened in the book after they have read. This promotes and builds a love of literature.
Click on the links to find out about our curriculum and our exploits via our blog.